Sunday, May 3, 2015

Me Made May, Week One

Week One of Me Made May is in the bag.

Friday was a gardening day, so I wore my second oldest pair of Burda trousers and what's probably my oldest Maria Denmark Kirsten Kimono Tee. Both great patterns that I've made in multiples. Gee, I love sewing something that I know is going to fit from the get go.


Happy wine taster


Saturday I wore my Alabama Chanin tee and my Burda 70's Wide Leg Trousers. We did a few errands and then went out for a little wine tasting at Hallcrest Vineyards in Felton. If you're in the area and feel like a glass of wine on a lovely country patio, I highly recommend a visit.

Sunday I test drove a new top, the Sweetheart Tee from Gertie Sews Vintage Casual. I think the neckline is cute, but overall the tee does me no favors. I made a size 6, which is my usual for Gertie's patterns, but the arm scythes are just tight enough to be uncomfortable. Worn here with my 70's pants again. Clearly I need to do laundry. Though the more I wear these 70's pants, the better I like them. I have some grey twill that I might just earmark for a second pair.

I'm sad to say that I haven't gotten myself together to sew my own undergarments, so my inner layer is store bought. Pretty old store bought too, because I refuse to buy any more undies when I know I can make something just as nice from my huge pile of knit scraps.

Good thing that the May theme for the Stashbusting Sewalong is lingerie - that should give me an extra kick in the butt!

1 comment:

  1. Those 70's pants are awesome! I would wear those every day.

    ReplyDelete