Monday, February 26, 2018

Cactus Shorts

My grandson has a cactus theme going on in his life. His bedroom features cactus lamps, cactus murals, cactus fairy lights and cactus pillows. Plus, his loving grandma has sewn him a cactus-rich wardrobe. Here's the latest item:


Cactus Shorts!
I kept it a bit more subtle than my usual. The shorts are a neutral navy twill with a tasteful saguaro patch on the left leg.


The pattern is the free Sunny Day Shorts from Oliver & S. I highly recommend the pattern. You can download a huge size range in two pdfs, one from 6 months to 4, the other from 5 to 12. I figure I've got the kid's shorts needs covered until he enters high school. It's a very straightforward pattern. If you're after pockets or ruffles or other bells and whistles, you'd be on your own. But this is a nice blank slate; you could do a lot of fun things with it. Plus: free!

Cactus closeup
I was lucky enough to find a packet of 6 cactus patches at a local gardening store. I plan to trickle them into his wardrobe one by one.

The Man has suggested that the kid may not like cacti. It's hard to know until he starts talking. Until then, it'll be all cactus, all the time!

My pattern review is on PatternReview.com here.

5 comments:

  1. Aww they look gorgeous, and he’s s very cute model! I love this pattern too & now need to print out the second size range.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's adorable and the cactus shorts super cute. First lesson for him will be to not hug a real one, ouch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are wonderful! I love the patch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute outfit on a super cute model!

    ReplyDelete